Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Waaw.

It has been a couple of weeks and I am sorry for that but there has just been so much going on! First let me just say that I have been sick with Strep throat for awhile so that has kept me away from the computer and school for a couple of days. But the last couple of days, our campus has been on strike so we are not allowed to go to campus or have classes. It isn’t my school, but our school is shared with another campus and they own the land and they are the ones on strike, no one has told me why so far. We haven’t had school for the last couple days and we have no idea when we will be able to go back. There is a university down the street that has been on strike for 3 or 4 months with military on campus with huge guns! Hopefully things do not get that bad on my campus.
I got a job teaching English to a 5 year old little boy named Babacar. He is the Directors son and a charming little devil! He is very smart and very funny we have a blast together, some of his friends parents are looking to me to see if I can teach their children too, we will see how that will go.
I got a kitty! His name is Charlie. He is a black and white longhaired ball of fluff! He is about 2 months old and he is just like me... he loves to sleeeeeppp! :D He keeps me company when no one is around and he is very friendly and patient! He is actually asleep at the moment.
I made Mexican food on Friday Night. Home made salsa and tortillas! It was so delicious! I had 13 people over for dinner that night too... see.... I CAN cook when I’m in the mood for it. :D But I have been recovering since...
I went to the hospital on Sunday night and Monday morning, I almost fainted when I got tests done, they said I have some sort of infection and that I should know exactly what it is on Thursday. I have been on bed rest since, not being able to get up and do anything. Thankfully I have such great friends who take such great care of me here, they have been there for everything. I have no idea when I will be able to go back to school and since we are now on strike, its perfect timing to be sick. Everything has a purpose.
A couple weeks ago I went to a little island off of Senegal called Ngor. It’s not that big and you have to take a fishing boat to get there. I laid on the shore, met some really fantastic Island dogs that followed us back to our hotel room and slept there for a little while. Then at about 11pm they turn off all the power on the island because there are not power lines that go from the city to the Island. It was great and beautiful to see the stars and the moon with no other interfering lights. Wow.
That has been my last couple weeks in a nut shell. I have been blessed with wonderful friends, family, and scenery.
:D

No comments: