Monday, February 2, 2009

Mungi fii encore!

I am back once again for another adventure in Senegal! I got back last Sunday and it really feels great to be back! I had a great flight (from New York) I had all 4 middle seats to myself and I took 2 advil pms and went straight to bed! You know the flights are not that bad if you have four seats to yourself! haha. Since I have been back I have been pretty busy. Getting things ready for classes, and since the first week has already pass, I think my classes will be great this semester.

I am taking history of Islam (in french) wolof II, french II, history of the atlantic slave trade, and education and culture of senegal. I am working alot with the program CIPFEM we will be having a valentine's party next week and firday the girls will be making valentines with the new volunteers. The new students seem to be pretty nice and very smart! It's going to be a good semester I can already see.

Somethings have changed around here and I will be glad to explain tomorrow because it was just brought to my attention that today the library will be closing in 3 minutes. oh what a joy it is to make up your times everyday!

Until tomorrow!

Mariah

No comments: